Getting ListedAs a green business, you can use this directory to find out about local suppliers and source companies that supply environmentally friendly products. Many of those listed were provided by the case study businesses featured on this site.
If you are a local or green supplier wishing to be featured in the Suppliers’ Directory, then please complete the online registration form and refer to the terms and conditions that apply. All applications are approved by a small panel of Devon Green Tourism Business Champions.
A listing in this directory is subject to either membership of an accredited body or through proof of commitment to sustainability as demonstrated by a business environmental policy.
Your environmental policy is likely to communicate your company’s sustainable business approach through:
- Compliance with relevant environmental legislation
- Commitment to continuous improvement in environmental performance
- Manufacture, sourcing or dealing in environmentally friendly products
- Management policies to reduce environmental impact and carbon footprint
- Demonstration of good environmental management through measures undertaken to reduce energy, water and waste
- Recycling and waste management programmes
- Green purchasing and green transport policies
And detail the green nature of your products, their impact on the environment and waste disposal with reference to data sheets and annual product reviews if available.
For advice on how to make good ‘environmental claims’ about products or services, DEFRA have recently published the following guidance booklet: Green Claims – Practical Guidance. Click here to download a copy.
Terms and conditions
The details you supply will be received in good faith by Devon County Council. You are reminded of your obligations under The Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 and The Business Protection from Misleading Marketing Regulations 2008.
Find out more: http://www.devon.gov.uk/index/economyenterprise/tradingstandards/tsbusiness/tsbusinessadvice.htm