With rising energy costs it is more important for businesses to be energy efficient. On average, UK businesses waste 30% of the energy they buy. For many, a 20% cut in energy costs represents the same benefit as a 5% increase in sales.
Most businesses could use less energy through a combination of behavioural changes and use of efficient equipment. GTBS criteria for energy assesses a wide range of efficiency measures and the use of renewable technologies e.g.
- Energy efficient appliances
- Low energy lighting and controls
- Efficient heating, cooling and hot water systems
- Insulation and ventilation
- Low embodied energy building
- Renewable energy and district heating
‘Switch on to Renewable Energy'
This 'booklet' has been produced by Regen SW as part of a partnership project with the University of Exeter and South West Tourism. The information in this booklet is designed to inspire you to learn more about renewable energy and how it could be used in your business. Click here to read the booklet.
Energy bills make up around 40% of the average business' day to day running costs. Discover a range of resources - fact sheets, case studies, room cards, training resources, discounts - to help you save energy, choose a greener supplier, or even generate it yourself!
Below are some companies that can help you become more energy efficient:
Who can help?
- Carbon Trust: for businesses whose energy is over £50,000
- Oursouthwest: guidance for a sustainable south west
- Envirowise: general audits, guides and publications
- WRAP: resource efficiency guidance and support
- Energystar: energy management guidelines and tools
- Enhanced Capital Allowances: claim 100% capital allowances
- Green Grants Machine: information on latest funding schemes
- Enhanced Capital Allowances: Energy Technology list